Poznan University of Technology as Host Institution in ARTIQ Competition is currently looking for candidates for the position of
Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence Leader.
Location: Poznań, Poland
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Preparing an ARTIQ – AI CEntres of Excellence competition application to be submitted in Q3 2021 in cooperation with the researchers and the administrative staff of PUT.
- Creating and leading the Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence for 5 years with full support of PUT.
- Applying for funds.
- Executing planned research, publishing, and/or patenting the results.
- Optionally – supervising Ph.D. students.
- Ph.D. in artificial intelligence, computer science, or related field obtained at most 8 years ago;
- The candidate has not lived, worked nor studied in Poland, nor managed a grant implemented in Poland in the past 2 years.
- Excellent scientific record in artificial intelligence, including cooperation with industry.
- Research interests aligned with those of PUT researchers, in particular online learning, learning from data streams, classifying complex data, multi-label classification, and perception methods in computer vision, and robotics.
- Interest and willingness to cooperate with business entities.
- High interpersonal skills and capability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- The strongest scientific environment in the country working at the intersection of AI, ML, robotics, decision support, and operational research.
- Office space in a large, modern campus within a walking distance from the historic center of Poznań
- Two full scholarships for Ph.D. students in the AI Center of Excellence.
- Cooperation with Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center located within the campus
- Polish language courses for foreigners and special courses dedicated to intercultural communication, that are meant to facilitate the adaptation of foreigners.
- Day-to-day assistance during the candidate’s relocation and settlement in Poznań
- Employment benefits: life insurance, Medicover Sport card
If you are interested, apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach:
- your academic CV with a list of recent, relevant publications,
- a research plan (up to 3 pages) for 5 years with a budget up to 20 M PLN (4.4 M EUR): up to 5 M PLN allocated to basic research, up to 14 M PLN allocated to industrial, development, and pre-implementation work; up to 1 M PLN for setting up special purpose companies.
- a link to your professional profile (e.g. on ORCID or Google Scholar).
We thank all interested candidates for their applications. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates.
If you would like to know more about PUT as the hosting institution, please see https://www.camil-research.pl/Poznan%20University%20of%20Technology%20-%20ARTIQ.pdf. More information about the program itself can be found at https://www.camil-research.pl/NCBRdescription_EN.pdf.